De nieuwe bibliotheek
Borrow a book, study in peace or experience adventures at the youth theater? You can do all of that at de nieuwe bibliotheek (The New Library) in Almere.
Responding to the urban design of the location, this triangular building rises along with the curved platform. The majestic central hall past the elevators is open to roof height. From
here, all the upper floors are visible. Horizontal strips of glazing accentuate the rising slope of the facade. (Non-)fiction books and periodicals are all openly displayed on large platforms like those used in department stores. It’s a new way of doing things.
- Every monday from 10:00 to 18:00
- Every tuesday from 09:00 to 20:00
- Every wednesday from 09:00 to 20:00
- Every thursday from 09:00 to 20:00
- Every friday from 09:00 to 20:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays